How would you like to come live in the rainforest, near the beach, amidst beauty and wildlife doing volunteer work that makes a difference?
Our Volunteer program is changing as we are working within a larger group to develop a community permaculture farming project and a healing and retreat center. New details for programs to accommodate those who want to take courses while volunteering will soon appear.
The Blue Morpho Center is located a ten minute bicycle ride from the Caribbean beach town of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca in the southeast corner of Costa Rica. The Center is about transforming ourselves, our relationships and the way we live on the planet. We are a school/retreat center and an experiment in intentional community.
Your volunteer work may include our river restoration project, gardening, maintaining habitat for resident endangered species, doing outreach on the web letting people know about our newly opened Center, helping build with wood and bamboo, cleaning and food preparation, creating video presentations, assisting in guided hikes, or all of that and more.
We are looking for volunteers who:
– are interested in learning, service, and making new friends
– are 18 or older (we are open to every age)
– speak English
– have a willingness to learn and adapt in an exotic natural environment
– have a friendly and flexible disposition, an open mind and strong communication skills
At this time we are giving priority to applicants who are skilled at working with their hands in two areas:
1) Carpentry, construction, working with bamboo
2) Cleaning, maintenance and decorating and craft skills
– Other useful skills: Permaculture, Web marketing, photography and video, cooking, gardening and knowledge of plants, languages, yoga
For more information or to request an application contact David and Marc at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message at 303-586-1250